We’re looking for an Area Sales Manager to join our team in Phoenix, Arizona, and help us to build Ugly!
Role: Area Sales Manager — Phoenix, AZ — Ugly Drinks
Reports to: Director of DSD - USA
Direct Reports: N/A
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Phoenix, AZ
About Ugly Drinks:
Ugly Drinks is a rebellious, passionate and fun-loving sparkling water brand that will change the way we drink.
Americans are drinking less soda than ever before. In its place, sparkling water provides all of the ice cold can refreshment of a carbonated soft drink, but with none of the sugars, sweeteners or artificial ingredients. Sales of sparkling water have grown by over 50% over the last 5 years and with the US soda market worth $39billion, this is just the beginning and sparkling water is the future. It’s time for Ugly and it’s time for #theuglytruth.
Now in over 5000 stores across the UK, the brand launched in the USA in May 2018 and is ready to shake things up and bring #theuglytruth about sugary soft drinks to US consumers. No FAKE NEWS. No ALTERNATIVE FACTS.
Now in 3000 stores across the US, we’re looking to continue growing the brand in NYC and across the USA.
This is a really exciting opportunity to build a fast-growing company, develop & grow a brand from scratch and have a load of fun along the way.
What are the Ugly products?
Ugly Drinks is a range of 100% natural fruit flavored sparkling waters with NO sugar, NO sweetener, NO calories and ABSOLUTELY NOTHING artificial. Just the way we like it.
Currently in six flavors (watch this space for more); Lemon Lime, Cherry, Peach, Watermelon, Pina Colada and Pink Grapefruit; it’s the perfect alternative to traditionally sweetened soft drinks and when it’s ice cold…hits the spot!
What is the role?
Ugly Drinks is seeking a full-time, ambitious, energetic and hungry Area Sales Manager to help grow our retail sales business in the Phoenix, Arizona, area.
This role will be responsible for both opening new store accounts as well as managing and develop performance and brand sales at existing stores and building strong relationships.
The role will be tasked with working alongside our SVP of Sales and Director of DSD to ambitiously grow our retail presence. The role will work closely with our distributor and marketing teams towards the shared brand goals…and help us paint the town, Ugly blue!
This role will work primarily in the field in the Phoenix area.
- The Area Sales Manager will be responsible for the execution of strategic retail initiatives in the Phoenix, Arizona, area.
- You will be responsible for opening new store accounts in accordance with the strategy set out by our SVP of Sales and CSO.
- You will execute at the field level in accounts and will require the ability to open and develop new business relationships.
- You will regularly visit and meet existing store accounts to build and grow strong relationships, in-store placement, promotions, marketing support and re-orders.
- Be the passionate face of the brand in market, educating buyers, store managers, partners and customers about Ugly and the Ugly product.
- Build displays, make the brand looks its best and ensure POS materials are in the correct sports.
- You will work with our distributor partners on a day to day basis, ensuring adherence to our brand guidelines and business objectives.
- You will educate distributor teams about the Ugly brand and evaluate and support performance in market.
- Develop and maintain an organized list of our key accounts in Phoenix and neatly report on performance in an organised fashion.
- Be the Ugly brand at all times, be an ambassador and conduct business in a manner that is line with the Ugly brand.
What you need?
- 1–2 years’ experience in CPG retail sales in the Phoenix area (beverage preferred).
- Energetic selling skills and a passion for meeting new people.
- Ability to juggle multiple things simultaneously and prioritise effectively.
- You need to function well independently, and as a contributing member of a team.
- Remain calm under pressure and stay organized and detail-oriented.
- Happy to travel when required and ability to work flexible hours when needed.
- A full clean driver’s license, registration and insurance (if required).
- Great written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be motivated and competitive to beat sales targets.
- The role is physical, and you will be carrying and required to move beverages in-store (25lbs+).
- Must be able to use basic features in Email (Outlook), Excel, Word and Powerpoint.
- Have an energetic, outgoing, can-do attitude.
- As much Ugly as you can drink!
- A dynamic, ambitious and fun working environment
- Competitive benefits, compensation package and great growth opportunity.
This sounds like exactly the sort of challenge I have been waiting for! So what now?
Well if all the above sums you up then we would love to hear from you immediately!
Please send us a Resume and Cover Letter with the subject line:
‘*Your Name*_Ugly Area Sales Manager — Phoenix’ to: email@example.com
To find out more about Ugly Drinks visit:
or check out our social media channels