We’re looking for an Ugly Intern in the UK to help paint the town blue!
(Applications Deadline : 31.05.19)
Position: UK Commercial Intern, London
Reports to: Commercial Manager, London
Location: Field Based with a hub in Camden, London
The Ugly Manifesto
We are Ugly and we’re not going to sugarcoat it. We’re not a dream. We’re a drink. No unattainable lifestyles. No ridiculous promises. So can the other cans. It’s time to get Real. It’s time to get Ugly.
About Ugly Drinks:
Ugly Drinks is a passionate, rebellious and fun-loving sparkling water brand focused on creating a healthier and more transparent world. We’re not a dream. We’re a drink. Real fruit flavour, water and bubbles. We’re stocked in over 5,000 stores across the UK and are also making waves in the USA. We are unashamedly ambitious and are well on the journey to creating a global mega-brand.
People are drinking less soda than ever before. In its place, sparkling water is hitting the unsweet spot and delivering the cold can moment of a soft drink, but with none of the sugar, sweeteners and artificial ingredients. The category has already landed in a BIG way in the USA and is worth over $2Bn in retail sales and Ugly is leading the way in the UK.
This is an amazing opportunity to drive the top-line growth of one of the hottest brands in one of the hottest categories in UK food and drink.
It’s time to get Real. It’s time to get Ugly.
What are the Ugly products?
Ugly Drinks is a range of 100% natural fruit flavoured sparkling waters with NO Sugar, NO Sweetener, NO Calories and ABSOLUTELY NOTHING Artificial. Just the way we like it.
Currently in four flavours (watch this space for more); Lemon & Lime, Triple Berry, Tropical, and Orange, it’s the perfect alternative to traditionally sweetened soft drinks and when the sun is shining, nothing hits the spot quite like an ice cold can of Ugly.
What is the role?
We are looking for a bright and energetic UK Commercial Intern to join our team. You will be working with the Sales and Activation Team to build the Ugly Brand in London.
There will be a focus on getting out in the field to sell to customers, meet and sample consumers and rep the Ugly brand and product throughout London. We need a driven self-starter who can engage people in a real way and roll their sleeves up causing BIG results. If you like to take on challenges, hustle and love meeting new people, then you’re going to love this opportunity.
The role is perfect for someone who…
- Absolutely loves meeting new people.
- An active individual that loves being out and about!
- Hungry for opportunities.
- Is not afraid to hustle, hustle, hustle.
- Is self motivated and entrepreneurial.
- Is a team player with a great sense of fun!
- Approaches problems with a can-do attitude.
- Is not afraid to get stuck into all areas of a startup business in fast growth.
- Has high energy & self-motivation to work in a small, growing business.
- Has a genuine passion for food and drink.
· Internship salary with travel around London covered.
· As much Ugly as you can drink!
· A dynamic, ambitious and fun working environment.
So what would I actually be responsible for?
Your main responsibilities will be to:
Win new business for Ugly
- Head out to London based stores and bring on more Ugly stockists.
- Win as much space as possible for Ugly on shelf. Let’s make sure we look our best!
- Check in on stores to make sure that we’re stocked where we are supposed to be.
Make the brand POP — on the shelf
- Build brand theatre — use posters and stickers to grab people’s attention and direct them towards Ugly in the fridge!
- Ensure the inside AND the outside of stores are looking as Ugly as possible
- Paint the town blue…put up as much Ugly point of sale and supporting marketing materials as possible!
Marketing and event support
- In-store samplings and introducing consumers to Ugly!
- Support at events and shows, always be the Ugly brand!
- Always be a team player
Demonstrate exceptional organisational skills to best manage your time and effort
- Clear and insightful communication with the team and careful tracking of your work
- Excellent time management skills to maximise your days
This sounds like exactly the sort of challenge I have been waiting for! So what now?
Well if all the above sums you up then we would love to hear from you immediately!
Please send us a CV and why you want the internship. Use the below subject line and email address:
‘*Your Name*_Ugly Internship’ to firstname.lastname@example.org
— — —
To find out more about Ugly Drinks, visit: www.uglydrinks.co.uk